Surefire 6px Tactical Flashlight Review
It’s easy to think that you do not need a tactical flashlight until you find yourself in a situation where you really do need one. Designed to help you stay safe in the dark and in conditions where there is less light available, these model will make you feel like a superhero. Even the military and law enforcement carry this kind of items on the job.
Your best bet is the Surefire 6PX (View on Amazon) which the manufacturer designed to fit right in the palm of your hand. It weighs just over five ounces with the batteries included and has a run time of 150 hours.
- Has a maximum output of 320 lumens that produce a bright and almost blinding white light
- Weighs less than five ounces without batteries and just over five ounces with the batteries included
- Measures just over five inches long and can fit in a pocket or in the palm of your hand
- Comes with the two batteries needed to power the light, which is replaceable
- Has an anodized aluminum case that is safe for use in all types of conditions and is resistant to scratches
- Uses a reflective piece inside that increases the distance of the light and lets you see more of the space around you
- Features a convenient power switch that you can reach with one finger
- A specially designed grip keeps the handle from slipping out of your hands
- Will run on standard lithium batteries
Pros/Cons of the Surefire 6PX
- Features a window around the light made from a polycarbonate material that is resistant to shattering and breaking
- A gasket inside works with an o-ring to make it waterproof and safe for using in the rain and the snow
- Press the end cap to turn the torch without taking your eyes off the potential hazards in front of you, and turn it off with a simple twist of the same cap
- Use this item on hunting, fishing, and even camping trips to illuminate more of the darkness around you
- You can keep it tucked in your emergency kit without worries because its batteries will last for up to 10 years
- Once you wrap your hand around the handle, it’s specially designed grips will keep it from slipping out of your hands
- A reflective piece around the light lets you see up to 100 feet or more ahead of you
- Its anodized aluminum body can withstand use on construction sites, industrial sites and more
- Is not large enough to function as a personal security device
- Does not have an emergency signaling feature like other flashlights do
The only reason you may want to pass on the Surefire 6PX (View on Amazon) is because it’s smaller and more lightweight than other brands. At just over five ounces, this flashlight doesn’t have the heft that others have and may keep you from defending yourself against an attacker. It’s also small enough that you might lose or misplace it.
Most shoppers though will find that this is a great choice. Its smaller size is perfect for security guards to carry while on patrol or for officers to carry while investigating crimes. You can use it to see into dark spaces that other flashlights cannot reach, including under your refrigerator and behind your water heater. The Surefire 6PX will come in handy in all types of potentially dangerous or scary situations.